Thursday, November 20, 2008

First Apartment


First Apartment
Thank you, Marshall. Your sweetness in making a great effort to find, and pay for such a fine place for us to start out our lives together meant a lot to me. I loved standing on the balcony and looking into the trees of Fort Lewis, knowing you were there, hard at work. I loved having a “slumber party” by the fireplace. And I loved cooking our first meals in that sweet little kitchen. I always laugh when I think of the glass pie plate that I cleverly used as a frying pan exploding, flying hot glass everywhere. But the funniest memory is when you took all of my clothes and all of the towels out of the bathroom while I was showering, forcing me to make due with a single washcloth to preserve my modesty as I ran through the apartment in search of my robe.

No comments: