Monday, December 29, 2008

Pregnant and Runnind Up the Stairs

“Strong and healthy.” That was how you described me. I was 8 months pregnant and, because we were living in “Married Student Housing” there were many women in our ward who were in various stages of pregnancy. You were watching several of them as they waddled up and down the stairs to help with various aspects of a meeting we were attending. Then it was my turn to help. I, not wanting to waste any time, quickly stood and briskly walked to the stairs and gleefully trotted up them, did my thing, then trotted down back to your side. You smiled, nodded your head and said something like “I see all these other women walking like they are in so much pain and discomfort. And then I see you just hop up there like everything is wonderful. You look so strong and healthy.” A light was shining from your direction. It was the pregnancy glow, not mine, but yours, there on your face, you had a “pregnancy glow”. It was beautiful!

No comments: