Friday, March 6, 2009

Cub Scouts Together


I just thought we made a great team! I loved working with you and with those boys. We would study the theme for the month and check out all the ideas in the hundred or so idea books we had. We’d get a vision of some wonderful thing to do for the boys, and then we’d work hard to make it come true. All the boys advanced well, and hey, it was just fun. Some of my favorite cub memories are:
The Bear Claw (our soap box derby car, which won over about 23 other cars)
Hunting down the Dinosaur tracks
Jousting Tournaments with plungers and rocking disks that you made.
Space Derby (You successfully made a great track)
Hiking “A” mountain
Helping the boys make treasure boxes/stools
I deeply admired your genuine love for the boys and dedication to your calling as their leader. It was a privilege for me to work with you, by your side, seemingly completely united for a good cause.

No comments: